Patches to Weapons
This could possible go alongside that of Alpha's suggestion of Modifiable Weapons. As one might be able to note, there have been special items in the past that grant whoever wields them a special ablity. One of the prime examples has to be The Natch's Twin Swords of Flashing Light, or Ultimate's Dark Plasma Ray Gun. These weapons were actioned off and won by these people, but doesn't it seem a bit unfair that everyone else is stuck with bland one swords and guns that do the same thing over and over again? (My awnser to this is maybe not. >:D)
With that said, I believe I've come up with a addition that might make things a bit more fair. The ablity to add patches to weapons to not only make them more diverse, but also give them a new special ablity of some kind to aid in battle. These ablities can range from taking a certain number of stats from an opponent per swing, to actually causing them to feel some sort of sickness of some kind (bleeding, posion, etc) for a certain number of turns.
The question would proably something like....
- Q:"How many patches can be placed on a single weapon?"
- A:This is where the repair shop comes in. Normal store bought weapons would only be able to have 1 patch on at a time. Howeverm if someone where to go to the repair shop and put on say a broze reinforcement, then maybe they would gain half the effects of a patch, and so on.
- Q:"How many patches would special weapons get?"
- A:Special Auction weapons would get two open patch slots instead of one, since they are naturally more powerful then just normal weapons.
- Q:"How will the power of patches be decided?"
- A:The rarer and greater the patch, the better they are and the less they have in stock?
- Q:"Will there always be the same patch in the store?"
- A:This is yet to be decied, but each time the shop is restocked, new patches of new kinds will be added, much like how new planets appear in pto.
- Q: "where would these be sold? The shop seems to be full as is."
- A: That is why these won't be sold in the shop, but actually sold on the instead.
Anymore questions (since it's proably confusing as all hell) please ask below